The following resources have been created to help businesses understand and prepare for the potential impacts of Brexit:
- The Government’s central source for all information for businesses and individuals on Brexit is available here.
- The Government has also developed a tool to help businesses prepare for leaving the EU which includes seven questions. It can be found here.
- The Government’s hub for ‘no deal’ Brexit information across a range of topics including importing, employment rules, export and funding is here.
- There is also an an interactive pdf summarising how to prepare your business for EU exit.
- Businesses will need an EORI to move goods into or out of the EU. Further advice from Government is here.
- The Government’s employer toolkit equips employers with the right information to support EU citizens and their families to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
- The HMRC Partnership Pack has advice to help businesses in a range of industries prepare for changes at the border in the event of a no-deal Brexit
- Government guidance on providing services to EEA and EFTA countries after EU Exit with no-deal.
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has published sector primers for businesses setting out how to prepare for EU Exit. Please follow the links for:
- The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has published guidance on leaving the EU.
- The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) has published guidance on several key areas affecting businesses:
- Department for International Trade published guidance explaining changes to exporting goods and services from the UK if we leave the EU with no deal – country by country guides: Exporting after EU Exit – Country by Country
- Further advice on trade agreements with non-EU countries can be found here.
Brexit information from third party organisations
- East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce’s Brexit Hub
- North and Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce’s Brexit Hub
- The Institute of Directors’ Navigating Brexit for Business campaign
- The Federation of Small Business’ Brexit Pack
- Manchester Business Growth Hub – 10 ‘no regret’ actions businesses should consider now and a business Brexit toolkit
This page will be updated regularly with any changes or additional information. Date of last update: 10th September 2019.