BDC Moore supports local companies who are already trading overseas or are considering trading overseas. This includes:
- Import and export procedures (having the right tariff code and INCOTERM)
- Cultural and language gaps (how to avoid costly pitfalls)
- In-depth knowledge of target market (obtaining a high quality market study)
- Business plan and strategy (making sure the actions are being completed through continuous coaching and mentoring)
- Having the right people doing the right things (international cultural awareness, how to thrive at trade shows and exhibitions, mindful time management)
Based on over 20 years of experience in different markets, BDC Moore is passionate about supporting local businesses to unlock their potential and increase their sales. The most important aspect when trading overseas is to be heard and understood. Having lived and worked abroad, we have learned to understand how small nuances can have big impacts when it comes to important contracts and business decisions. Our purpose is to share that knowledge, which helps local businesses to be more successful, creates more jobs and makes Lancashire more affluent.
What one top tip would you give to a business owner embarking on a growth plan?
“Opportunities don’t happen, you create them”. Make sure you get all the support you need from the Boost Growth Hub on your Growth journey and for that you need a solid business plan.
Why is Lancashire a great place to grow a business?
Lancashire is well known for its diversity of manufacturing businesses. Excellent universities and colleges teaching the required skills for growing the area even further.
Why are you backing Boost Business Lancashire?
I am a strong believer in supporting the local area and Lancashire has been my home now for the past 15 years. Boost is like a one-stop-shop for SME’s who want to grow in providing them with the necessary support.
More SMEs need to know about the support from Boost and BDC Moore want to help raising Boost’s profile