This is a two-day workshop: Day 1: Wednesday November 24 and Day 2: December 2.
These two new workshops are coming to Lancashire for the first time as part of the Boost Bespoke Programme, delivered by Winning Pitch and we are thrilled to have one of the UK’s leading scaleup coaches, Steve Young delivering them.
Steve has delivered these events to hundreds of small business leaders just like you across the UK to rave reviews, you will find yourself leaving armed with a practical growth plan and feeling inspired to go out there and make it happen.
- Rocket Fuel for growth (Wednesday November 24) is a unique opportunity to turbo-charge both your business’s strategy and people development plan
- 110% Productivity (Thursday December 2) will show you how to unlock both your managers’ and operational teams’ true productivity to boost your bottom line
More information about Steve Young and the content of each event is below
Is the Boost Bespoke Programme for you?
If you have been trading for more than three years, employ more than 10 staff and have the drive to grow by at least 20% year on year, for the next 3 years you could qualify for this fully funded programme. (Dependant on your sector). You can find out more about the Boost Bespoke Programme here
These 2 events form part of your participation on the Boost Bespoke Programme.
DAY 1 (Wednesday November 24, 9.30am – 3.00pm)
A unique opportunity to turbo-charge both your business’s strategy and people development plan in just one day.
You’ll be walked through a practical step by step process where you apply proven techniques used by some of the world’s most successful growth firms. You’ll learn:
- The world famous three year Visioning Orbit to clearly articulate the size of your growth ambition
- Business Model Canvas and the seven Power Ups: learn how industry game-changers came up with their revolutionary new business models – you can too!
- Use our simple “whats” and “hows” template to create your own breakthrough strategy before you leave
- Learn how businesses like McDonalds convert young people with zero experience into first class operators within months and high performing managers within a year
- Your new role – Player Coach … the five key steps to delivering a world class coaching session that unlocks the true potential of your people
- How to select the right leadership style for the right situation and the right person: apply it to a live situation you have right now
- Performance management: the four-step process that enables you to keep everyone on track and fully motivated.
DAY 2 (Thursday December 2, 9.30am – 3.00pm)
How to unlock both your managers’ and operational teams’ true productivity to boost your bottom line in just one day.
Despite everyone’s best efforts and longer working hours, you know as the leader that this is still not creating the level of results you really need. You need more stuff done. You need both your managers and the individuals in their teams to raise their performance even more. However, your team thinks you’re just telling them to work even harder!
It’s too easy just to say ‘work smarter, not harder’, but how do you work smarter? Some of your competitors have managed to get all their staff to see continuous improvement as just part of their job. How did they achieve this?
In this unique workshop, you’ll learn proven strategies guaranteed to help you improve the productivity of your whole business at both a Team Leader and Operational staff level. Best of all, you don’t need to drive your team to burnout, either. The best tactics are good for your business and your team.
You will learn how to improve the productivity of your Team Leaders by applying the following four disciplines:
- Narrow your focus to the goals that are not just important, but ‘wildly important’
- Create a plan that coverts your high-level goals into specific do-able tasks
- Construct a compelling dashboard featuring both leading and lagging measures
- Create a culture of accountability – we do what we say and we say what we do
You will also improve the productivity of your operational team members by learning:
- How to identify the process that sits behind the one thing that most frustrates you most about your business. “If only I could…”
- How to empower operational team members so they can carry out simple yet highly effective Process Improvement Mapping.
- The three quick and easy data analysis techniques that make taking the next improvement action obvious.
- That culture eats strategy for breakfast, how to make continuous improvement just the way we do things around here.
You’ll leave these events armed with a practical growth plan and feeling inspired to go out there and make it happen.
Steve Young is an accomplished and highly successful Scale-Up Consultant with a peerless track record associated with helping businesses to grow faster, stronger, for longer. Over the past 30 years he has supported thousands of ambitious leaders to overcome the common barriers everyone faces when they commit to an accelerated growth strategy. From small growth-wish firms to global winners like Arriva, Google and Barclays, Steve has enabled them to become unstoppable and reach their next level.
To help capture his best practices, Steve has developed and devised the “Growthology” techniques which have helped literally thousands of companies to breakthrough the barriers and successfully scale their business to new heights.
As a Director of three very successful high growth firms in his own right, Steve’s presentations offer vital practical “how–to” techniques and real world stories guaranteed to inspire, educate and entertain.
This is a two-day workshop – you must attend both workshops, they are are being held on Wednesday 24th November and Thursday 2nd December at Farington Lodge Hotel near Preston and will run from 9.30am-3pm.Click to book your place online