Be part of the online Boost Lancashire business networking event
Boost Lancashire is aware that these strange times leave business owners with dilemmas. Questions about ‘best practice’ and furloughing, simply finding the correct information are key to business continuity. The best place to get support is via likeminded business owners, and specialists in their sector.
This event will allow you to meet and interact with other individuals in exactly the same situation as you.
The network will be hosted by Suzy Orr, award winning networker and founder of Unique Ladies UK and co-owner of Lancashire UPVC business Windoworld,
We will be joined by inspirational speaker Maura Jackson a multi award winning speaker and CEO of charity Backup Northwest and chairperson of Paws For Kids.
Backup (Formerly Bolton Young Persons Housing Scheme) is a charity supporting homeless people aged 16-25 years old, offering supported tenancies across Bolton and accommodation for emergency cases to prevent rough sleeping and prevent harm to young vulnerable people. The aim is to prevent homelessness and enable independent living. Since joining Maura has grown this Charity from 12 employees to 60.
Paws for Kids is a registered charity supporting women and children experiencing domestic violence. This includes a pet fostering service, charity shop, IDVA service and Safe Haven outreach support for women experiencing domestic abuse.
Maura’s awards include:
- Won Inspire Women Award 2016 – going the extra mile category. (Bolton)
- Won the North West Inspiring Women Award 2018 – community category.
- Won the National Chartered Institute of Housing Inspirational Leader of the year 2017
- Won the National Business Women’s Awards 2018 at Wembley Stadium – Third sector Champion
- Won the Institute of Directors – North West and Isle of Man Director of the Year Third sector, April 2019