Beever and Struthers, in collaboration with Farleys Solicitors and FW Capital have organised a ‘Business Continuity Seminar: Steps to Success(ion)’ seminar that will be run in Lancashire and Manchester this Autumn.
We will be looking at opportunities and challenges involved in succession planning from a financial, funding and legal perspective. FW Capital will also be providing an insight on the eligibility of funding which may be available within the Northern Powerhouse. Topics will include:
- What you need to consider before you make the big decision to sell.
- Legal aspects of business sale or succession.
- Insight into the Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund and how to grow your business with FW Capital.
- 08:00am – Registration and breakfast
- 08:30am – Welcome and seminar objectives
- 08:35am – What you need to consider before you make the big decision to sell. a) Tax planning and preparing your exit strategy – planning well in advance allows you to ensure your business is as attractive to buyers as possible as well as being structured in the most tax-efficient way. b) Key stages in the sale process – a de-mystification of the main stages involved in selling your business.
- 09:05am – Legal aspects of business sale or succession. Looking at the legal aspects of business sale or succession including the different types of succession transaction including inheritance, management buy-out and sale to a third party.
- 09:30am – Insight into the “Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund” and how to grow your business with our funding before you sell.
- 09:50am – Questions
John Jones, Corporate Finance Partner – Beever and Struthers
John heads the firm’s Corporate Services Department, specialising in Corporate Finance and Forensic Accountancy. He has considerable experience in acquisitions and disposals of businesses, due diligence investigations, lead advisory deal management, valuations, business planning and finance-raising assignments for private and public sector clients, in the UK and overseas.
Jacquie Adams, Tax Partner – Beever and Struthers
Jacquie has experience of advising clients on a range of corporate tax matters, specialising in tax planning issues and Research and Development opportunities for SMEs. She also leads our Payroll Department which provides businesses with a range of payroll services, from payroll processing to advice on benefits and dispensations.
Dean Curtis, Corporate Finance Manager – Beever and Struthers
Dean brings many years of experience in assurance and business advisory departments. He specialises in both lead advisory and transaction support assignments, including private company acquisitions and disposals, MBOs/MBIs, raising early stage and development funding, valuations and financial due diligence. Besides being a Chartered Certified Accountant, Dean also holds the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment Certificate in Corporate Finance.
Debbie King, Partner – Farleys Solicitors
Debbie specialises in business and company acquisitions and sales, complex restructures of groups of companies, investments, joint ventures and mergers. She works closely with financial advisors, firms of accountants and business advisors across the region, providing all aspects of corporate advice and support to a wide range of businesses.
Andy Traynor, Senior Investment Executive – FW Capital
Andy primarily makes loans of between £100k and £750k to established SMEs in Lancashire and Cumbria from the £102m NPIF Debt Finance Fund. He understands the pressures SMEs face and is experienced in structuring loans and mezzanine finance to support growth plans with previous responsibility