Beever and Struthers, in collaboration with Farleys Solicitors and FW Capital have organised a ‘Business Continuity Seminar: Steps to Success(ion)’ seminar that will be run in Lancashire and Manchester this Autumn.
We will be looking at opportunities and challenges involved in succession planning from a financial, funding and legal perspective. FW Capital will also be providing an insight on the eligibility of funding which may be available within the Northern Powerhouse. Topics will include:
- What you need to consider before you make the big decision to sell.
- Legal aspects of business sale or succession.
- Insight into the Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund and how to grow your business with FW Capital.
- 08:00am – Registration and breakfast
- 08:30am – Welcome and seminar objectives
- 08:35am – What you need to consider before you make the big decision to sell. a) Tax planning and preparing your exit strategy – planning well in advance allows you to ensure your business is as attractive to buyers as possible as well as being structured in the most tax-efficient way. b) Key stages in the sale process – a de-mystification of the main stages involved in selling your business.
- 09:05am – Legal aspects of business sale or succession. Looking at the legal aspects of business sale or succession including the different types of succession transaction including inheritance, management buy-out and sale to a third party.
- 09:30am – Insight into the “Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund” and how to grow your business with our funding before you sell.
- 09:50am – Questions
John Jones, Corporate Finance Partner – Beever and Struthers
John heads the firm’s Corporate Services Department, specialising in Corporate Finance and Forensic Accountancy. He has considerable experience in acquisitions and disposals of businesses, due diligence investigations, lead advisory deal management, valuations, business planning and finance-raising assignments for private and public sector clients, in the UK and overseas.
Jacquie Adams, Tax Partner – Beever and Struthers
Jacquie has experience of advising clients on a range of corporate tax matters, specialising in tax planning issues and Research and Development opportunities for SMEs. She also leads our Payroll Department which provides businesses with a range of payroll services, from payroll processing to advice on benefits and dispensations.
Dean Curtis, Corporate Finance Manager – Beever and Struthers
Dean brings many years of experience in assurance and business advisory departments. He specialises in both lead advisory and transaction support assignments, including private company acquisitions and disposals, MBOs/MBIs, raising early stage and development funding, valuations and financial due diligence. Besides being a Chartered Certified Accountant, Dean also holds the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment Certificate in Corporate Finance.
Charlotte Mills, Associate Partner – Farleys Solicitors
Working out of Farleys’ Manchester office in the Corporate team, Charlotte specialises in business sales, acquisitions and mergers together with corporate restructures and advice on how to set up and structure the finance and ownership of businesses.
Gavin Cowling, Senior Investment Executive – FW Capital
Gavin has many years’ experience working with both SMEs and larger corporates, and has significant experience in deal origination across a full range of sectors, and the structuring of funding solutions including cash flow loans, growth capital, trade finance and asset funding. Based in Manchester and working on the NPIF Debt Finance Fund, he can support growing SMEs with loans and mezzanine loan investments of between £100k and £750k, generally repayable over a 5 year period.