Guangdong Province, China, 3rd – 8th December 2017
The Lancaster China Catalyst Programme (LCCP) and Lancashire County Council will be taking a delegation of UK SMEs interested in getting a better knowledge of the Chinese market on a 5-day business trip to China.
The geographical focus of the visit will be Guangdong Province, which is one of the most developed Chinese provinces, and the most advanced in terms of innovation activities and international cooperation.
This explorative trip aims to capture the transformation China is going through (from a manufacturing to an innovation superpower) and identify business opportunities for UK companies.
Benefits for UK Companies
- A pre-trip briefing at Lancaster University which will offer insights into a number of aspects relevant to doing business in China, such as culture, market, innovation, economic development and consumer trends.
- Meetings with key business support organisations in Guangzhou, including the British Chamber of Commerce in Guangzhou, the China Britain Business Council, the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and the Department for International Trade.
- 2 half day B2B meeting sessions with Chinese companies interested in establishing partnerships with UK companies (this will require the UK company to fill out an Expression of Interest form that details their needs in terms of business partnering – interpreters will be provided).
- Option to take up follow up meetings or visits resulting from B2B meetings.
- Evening trip on the River Pearl, taking in key landmarks of Guangzhou, including Canton Tower, and their illuminations.
£500. Note that this low cost offer is possible due to government funding. The cost includes:
- Local transportation
- B2B meetings
- Interpreters for B2B meetings
- Most meals
Attendees will need to arrange and pay for their own flight and visa for entry to China, but advice will be given and invitation letters provided for visa applications. Reservations will be made at the Good International Hotel in Guangzhou (or a similar quality hotel). Attendees will need to pay for accommodation on departure.
How to apply?
For more information please contact the Lancaster China Catalyst Programme:
t: +44 (0)1524 510838