You are invited to attend the next Choose Chorley Business Event where you will have the opportunity to network with other businesses, learn about the latest developments in skills, qualifications and workplace training and find out what’s happening in business across Chorley.
- 5:30pm: Arrival and Networking, with buffet and refreshments
- 6:00pm – 6:30pm Welcome talks from Chorley Council Leader Alastair Bradley; Tim Cahill, Assistant Principal, Runshaw College; University of Central Lancashire.
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm Workshops on T-Levels, Apprenticeships, Upskilling Lancashire; and tours of the College facilities.
- 7:30pm – 8pm: Networking and close
Runshaw College have been chosen as a pilot college for the government’s new flagship T-Level qualifications, a new 2-year, technical programme designed with employers to give young people the skills that local industry requires and provide students aged 16 to 18 with a technical alternative to A levels. The T-Level programme includes a mixture of classroom or workshop-based learning as well as an industry placement of at least 45 days. Come along to learn more about this new educational development and how it can help to shape the future of your business.
Also; Learn about the latest developments with Apprenticeships. Including changes to government funding and local opportunities.
Find out about new “degree level” apprenticeships with UCLan and how these are a game changer for workplace skills training of all ages and at all levels of seniority.
Learn about the importance of Upskilling of your workforce and the benefits that this brings to your business.
Opportunity to meet business support organisations in our exhibitor area who work in the local area to support the growth of your business and it’s workforce;
- Chorley Council Business Engagement Team
- Runshaw College
- University of Central Lancashire
- Boost Lancashire
- The Careers and Enterprise Company
- The Lancashire Work based Learning Forum
- Lancashire Skills Support for the Workplace