HMRC seminar unveiling the new Customs Declaration Service controlling all UK exports and imports.
The Customs Declaration Service (CDS) will replace the current Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) service. This is the computer system currently used by HMRC to record the movement of goods by land, air and sea and process all Customs Declarations.
If your business is currently importing goods from, or exporting goods to, countries outside the EU, then you or your freight forwarder will be using CHIEF to:
- process customs declarations for goods entering and leaving the UK or EU through ports and airports
- calculate and pay the correct duty and taxes
- complete customs information electronically
These functions will be available on CDS but there will be differences with the new service.
- Introducing the CDS
- A walkthrough of the first type of declaration made via CDS
- New information required from businesses and their carriers in order to complete a customs declaration
WHO IS THIS SEMINAR FOR?
Businesses already importing or exporting outside the EU and subject to the pending negotiations on leaving the EU, businesses trading solely in the EU, where a customs declaration currently does not apply.
Our seminars are regularly over-subscribed, therefore to secure your place please register your interest as soon as possible.
Please note when booking an event: refunds cannot be given for cancellations received 48 hours or less before the event booked
Cost: £25 + VAT per delegateClick to book your place online