Missed our launch event in Lancashire? Find out more about Made Smarter or visit our Cumbria launch event on 16th May.
Join us on Thursday 16th May at 10am in Milnthorpe, to learn first-hand about the newly launched Made Smarter programme – supporting manufacturers to digitise and innovate through expert advice, grant funding, leadership development & technical student placements.
Powering change & growth across Cumbria
There is a wealth support across cumbria to help makers, creators, manufacturers & engineers so whether your artisan baker, grape or grain maker, precision engineer or heritage manufacturer our network across the region can offer advice, insight, funding and support to drive your business forward.
If you are a maker or creator with any ideas or questions about how to innovate, digitise or upgrade your systems and workforce skills – come along and learn about how the breadth of support in Cumbria can support your journey.
Chaired by Luke Dicicco, Group Business Editor at InCumbria Magazine, the event will feature a panel debate with representatives from Cumbria Chamber of Commerce, Cumbria LEP, Cumbria Manufacturing Service, Department for International Trade.
Covering topics such as Skills, Funding, Barriers, Support and Leadership, this unique event will serve as a platform to understand available support, glean best practice and takeaway useful actions to drive your operation forward. With an anonymous live question poll, you can have all the questions you’ve been afraid to ask answered.
There will also be an opportunity to network and meet with representatives from the panel in a mini-exhibition during the networking and over lunch.
- 10:00: Arrival, Mini-exhibition & Networking
- 10:30 – 10:45: Opening Welcome
- 10:45 – 11:45: Panel Debate
- 11:45 – 12:00: Close – Alain Dilworth, Made Smarter Programme Manager
- 12:00 – 13:00: Lunch, Mini-exhibition & networking
- Cumbria Business Growth Hub
- Cumbria LEP
- Cumbria Manufacturing Service
- Department for International Trade
- Made Smarter
- Chaired by Luke Dicicco
- Alain Dilworth, Made Smarter
- Jayne Moorby, Oxley Developments
- Suzanne Caldwell, Cumbria Business Growth Hub
- Cumbria LEP
- Steve Wilkinson, Cumbria Manufacturing Service
- Tiffany Solender, Department for International Trade