The Department for International Trade (DIT) in the UK and Norway are delighted to invite businesses from across the Northern Powerhouse to participate in a free webinar to explore their opportunities in the Norwegian energy sector and find out more about the upcoming trade mission programme to Norway.
The North of England and Norway have a long-standing relationship and excellent business relations with many Norwegian companies that
are operational in the region, such as Equinor, Aker, and DNV. The Norwegian energy sector is going through change, which is opening opportunities as it embraces other sources of energy as well as energy usage, storage, and distribution. Norway had been synonymous
with having significant hydropower capacity however, as demand is increasing, and the need for energy transition gains momentum.
Norway is now looking to offshore wind and hydrogen. In addition to energy storage with a focus upon transport, port infrastructure, data
centres, battery production and more.
• Get an overview of the Norwegian market, including the benefits and challenges of doing business in this country
• An update on the new UK – Norway Free Trade Agreement
• The opportunities in Norway’s fast-growing and rapidly changing energy sector
• A panel discussion with Northern Powerhouse businesses who are already succeeding in Norway
• Hear from Norwegian companies talking about collaborative working
The session will outline how your business can be part of the Norwegian energy transition in meeting its big ambitions for its energy future.
This webinar is a precursor to a Northern Powerhouse trade mission programme, which will include a virtual mission in March 2022 and a
physical visit to Norway in Q2 2022*. More information on the mission programme will be made available during the webinar