As the UK starts to recover from the fall out of the pandemic and business confidence is starting to return to positive territory, this economic update will look at how the ‘Northern Powerhouse Region’ is recovering, and which sectors will lead in this recovery.
We will hear from Mauricio Arminelli, Bank of England Local Agent for the North East as well as Andrew McPhillips, Chief Economist at the Northern Powerhouse and John Ashcroft, The Saturday Economist on their views of the northern economy.
This event will feature key speakers giving their insight into economic recovery across the North with an opportunity for you to get involved in the breakout discussions.
8:00 Welcome and introductions, Yvonne Gale ICAEW
- Business Confidence Monitor presentation, Iain Wright
- Bank of England Economic update, Mauricio Armellini
- Northern Powerhouse Company, Andrew McPhillips
- The Saturday Economist, John Ashcroft
- 08:50 – Thanks from the host, delegates move into breakout rooms for topic discussions
Discussion room topics:
- Global Trade, Janet Mui
- Manufacturing & engineering, David Campbell (FULL)
- Net zero, Dan Parsons
- Retail, Paul Lewis
- Skills, Lizzie Crowley
- Travel, tourism & hospitality, Stuart McCallum & Peter Johnson-Treherne
09:20 Return to main room for overview and key take away statements
09:45 Thank you and close
Cost: Free for allClick to book your place online