Are you thinking about succeeding in business in the creative industries?
Then this workshop and networking event is for you!
Setting up a business in a competitive marketplace is a challenge at the best of times; but the creative industries can be a difficult sector to make your mark.
However our guests have done just that and each are at a different stage in their journey and can offer valuable insight and sound advice to help you on your way.
They will explore:
- How to identify a gap in the market perfect for your aims
- How to overcome initial difficulties
- Why it is important to have an eye on the long term and short term goals
- Getting the balance just right between creativity and business
- Janine Bebbington – Gorgeous Media
- Alan Livesey – Independent Film Director
- Naomi Stromire – Pretty Splashy Designs
- 4:00 – 4:30pm Registration
- 4:30 – 5:30pm Presentations
- 5:30 – 7:00pm Networking
Please note that photographs will be taken at this event and on arrival guests will be asked to sign a disclaimer agreeing that the University of Central Lancashire may use images in publications and advertising media, such as brochures, information leaflets, posters and other formats in the promotion of the University.
The images may be used in these formats without further permission or payment, for the foreseeable future.
At this event you will have the opportunity to network with like-minded people in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. A buffet (with vegetarian options) will be available.
This workshop is partially funded by the U Start project to support students, graduates and university staff to unlock their entrepreneurial potential and become enterprise ready. In conjunction with The Great Northern Creative Expo.
Cost: FreeClick to book your place online