“Every decision you make in business has a financial consequence” – Ian S Dixon, Access To Finance Team Leader
The Access To Finance Service are delighted to invite you to join this masterclass which promises to be a participative and provocative session working with finance specialists who will be drawing on their knowledge and experience with two key objectives in mind:
- To develop an understanding of the importance of financial management and the fundamentals of the key financial statements – Profit & Loss Account, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet
- Improve participants understanding of the importance of seeking appropriate professional support and gain an insight into the benefits of cloud accounting
The ability to understand and manage your business finances on a timely basis has never been more critical in today’s fast-paced competitive environment. Accountants frequently summarise this succinctly – “Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity but cash is king”.
If you’re looking to gain greater insight into your financial performance and understand managing your finances more effectively – this is the masterclass for you!
Delivered by finance experts, the Access To Finance masterclass series provides you with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively manage your business finances in support of your growth objectives.
Look out for more in the series during 2018, covering subjects such as:
- Forward Thinking Funding – planning for fundraising
- Investment Readiness Foe Equity Fundraising
- Understanding the SME Funding Landscape
Places are limited and priority will be given to those businesses eligible for European Regional Development Fund support.
09.00 – Arrival and Registration
09.30 – Introductions
09.45 – Understanding Accounts – Costs & Depreciation
11.00 – Coffee Break
11.15 – Do Accountant’s Add Value ?
11.30 – Breakeven Analysis & Pricing
12.45 – Lunch
1.30 – Cash Flow Forecasting
2.15 – Understanding Profit & Loss Account / Balance Sheet
2.45 – Coffee Break
3.00 – Importance Of Record Keeping
3.30 – Cloud Accounting
4.00 – Event close