DTS Learndirect, working with the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership, is on the hunt for 15 Lancashire businesses which recruit and train apprentices to participate in a bespoke apprenticeship development and recruitment support scheme.
The support is fully funded through the European Social Fund as part of the Skills Support for the Workforce programme. The chosen businesses will be working with an experienced and impartial coach who will help with:
- Conducting a training needs analysis and preparing apprenticeship development plans for new and existing apprentices.
- Identification of the appropriate apprenticeship framework or standard required for the new job roles to be filled by either new recruits or existing staff.
- Sourcing quality-assured college or training providers.
- Overseeing the recruitment, induction and mentoring process whilst ensuring that employers take full advantage of incentives available
- Reviewing how existing apprentices are managed and support improvements where necessary along with mapping out next steps of the apprenticeship journey.
Janette Healey, national operations manager at DTS Learndirect, commented:
“The scheme aims to ensure that the apprentices have the best possible experience of being an apprentice and mapping out the next steps of their apprenticeship journey to advanced and higher apprenticeships.”
“We’re looking for business in Lancashire that already recruit a number of apprentices and are planning to create more apprenticeship opportunities and need help to identify what training they need to put in place and what funding is available.”
“We have funding to provide this in-depth and bespoke support to 15 SMEs in the Lancashire LEP area up to end March 2019.”
For more information or to apply, please contact Janette Healey on 07824 460325 or email Janette.Healey@learndirect.com