You may be a large company or an SME manufacturer who has a manufacturing problem you need to solve or just want to know more about and see in practice new emerging technologies that can impact your operation. The AMRC North West can help you to explore and de-risk adoption.
Our goal is to help the North West region’s manufacturing community access advanced technologies that will drive improvements in productivity, performance and quality.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) Polymers and metallics
- Design and prototyping
- Virtual reality
- Manufacturing automation
- Discrete event simulation
- Data collection from legacy equipment
- All aspects of digital manufacturing
- Digital transformation strategy in a manufacturing environment
Who is it for?
Any Lancashire based manufacturing SME.
An SME is a small or medium-sized enterprise. According to the EU, the definition of an SME is a business with fewer than 250 employees, and a turnover of less than €50 million. Within this umbrella there are three different categories: medium-sized, small, and micro-businesses. These categories are defined by turnover.
- A medium-sized business has fewer than 250 employees and either a turnover of up to €50 million or a balance sheet total of up to €43 million
- A small business has fewer than 50 employees and either a turnover of up to €10 million or a balance sheet total of up to €10 million
- A micro-business has fewer than ten employees and either a turnover of up to €2 million or a balance sheet total of up to €2 million
How does it work?
- Initial meeting with SME engagement manager-ERDF funded assist explained
- Checks undertaken to ensure company is eligible for funding
- Assist agreed and engineer engaged-may require second meeting- Objectives of potential projects defined, forms completed/signed
- AMRC NW undertake assist
- AMRC NW deliver assist output-report findings/sample product
Feedback and monitoring is required following assist completion
Where can I find out more?
Businesses can apply for support through contact with Nick Hall, Engagement Manager for AMRC NW on 07510409646 or contacting email@example.com. Visit our website for more information https://www.amrc.co.uk/facilities/amrc-north-west
Case study : AMRC North West performed an assist for “Pendle Doors” designing and additively manufacturing a jig, which would allow them to apply pins to fire doors in an accurate and repeatable way, enabling a reduction in defective products manufactured, and ensuring they are complying with current regulations. Mr Ryan Anderson, operations director applauded AMRC NW by quoting that “we are really happy with the end product as it helps us meet certification requirements that are vital in what we do, the product also helped improve efficiency, reduced down time and can help save lives”