East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce in partnership with North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, Businesswise Solutions Ltd and BOOST are supporting Lancashire businesses in saving money and reducing their carbon footprint.
This £6m European Union, European Regional Development Fund, part funded programme is committed to the provision of a FREE suite of services aimed to help businesses improve energy and environmental efficiencies, introduce on site renewable energy generation and save money.
The average SME could reduce their energy bill by 18-25% by installing energy efficiency measures. It is estimated that 40% of these savings would require zero capital cost.
Through the free suite of facilities and services, Chamber Low Carbon will be able to support SME’s, helping them to reduce their environmental impact.
Each business will be different, with its own unique requirements. This means the way in which we deliver our services will be bespoke to your needs.
We can offer: On-site Energy and Environmental reviews, Baseline Carbon Assessment, Identification of Environmental and Energy Improvement Strategies, Technology Implementation Support and advice on the appropriate sources of funding available.
How can my business benefit?
Delivered by the Chamber Low Carbon team and its business partners the support will comprise of:
- On-site practical advice regarding energy efficiency, energy and environmental management to help them reduce costs and save money all free of charge
- On site specialist advice about the appropriate low carbon technologies or renewable energy generation suitable for their specific premises or activity with payback periods for investment
- Base line carbon footprint and prioritised carbon management plan to start your journey to net zero
- Assistance via our Green Rose Programme to assist them to implement an effective management system that meets the requirements of the International Standard ISO 14001:2015
- Our specialist pool of consultants to help any new low carbon technologies to manufacture, to market or to identify demonstrator sites
We believe that this will increase the competitiveness of Lancashire businesses and directly benefit the local economy.
Who is it for?
SME businesses in Lancashire – that employ fewer than 250 people and which have an annual turnover not exceeding EUR 50 million, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding EUR 43 million.
How does it work?
- Initial completion of a business registration form to confirm eligibility
- Site visits / assessments by the Chamber Low Carbon team
- Bespoke recommendations to reduce costs / improve energy performance / reduce carbon footprint
How do I find out more and apply?