East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce in partnership with North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, Businesswise Solutions Ltd and BOOST are supporting Lancashire businesses in saving money and reducing their carbon footprint.
This £2m European funded programme is committed to the provision of a FREE suite of services aimed to help businesses improve energy and environmental efficiencies, introduce on site renewable energy generation and save money.
The average SME could reduce their energy bill by 18-25% by installing energy efficiency measures. It is estimated that 40% of these savings would require zero capital cost.
Through the free suite of facilities and services, Chamber Low Carbon will be able to support SME’s, helping them to reduce their environmental impact. Each business will be different, with its own unique requirements. This means the way in which we deliver our services will be bespoke to your needs. We can offer; on-site Energy and Environmental reviews, Baseline Carbon Assessment, Identification of Environmental and Energy Improvement Strategies, Technology Implementation Support and assistance along with Access to funding for New Low Carbon Technologies.
How can my business benefit?
Delivered by the Chamber Low Carbon team and its business partners the support will comprise of;
- Site visits and assessments for Energy Audits
- Carbon Foot-Printing
- Environmental/Sustainability Audits
- Chamber Low Carbon will also facilitate entrepreneurs and businesses who are developing new low carbon technology. Access to the FREE suite of services will give the best opportunity to bring their technology to market and see it trialled and manufactured locally.
We believe that this will increase the competitiveness of Lancashire businesses and directly benefit the local economy.
Who is it for?
SME businesses in Lancashire – that employ fewer than 250 people and which have an annual turnover not exceeding EUR 50 million, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding EUR 43 million.
How does it work?
- Initial completion of a business registration form to confirm eligibility
- Site visits / assessments by the Chamber Low Carbon team
- Bespoke recommendations to reduce costs / improve energy performance / reduce carbon footprint