Crowdcube provides a platform for start-up, early and growth stage businesses to raise finance from professional investors, high-net worths, VC firms, everyday investors and an entrepreneur’s own community. From banks and breweries to the latest cleantech company or consumer brand, all types of businesses can raise on Crowdcube.
Crowdcube’s results to date (as at December 2016) are:
- £200m raised for 430 UK businesses
- Over £5m returned for investors
- In Lancashire, Vibe Tickets raised over £600,000 on Crowdcube
Crowdcube offers both a direct or nominee structure, as well as combination of the two, so you can choose the model that’s best suited to your business.
How can my business benefit?
Crowdcube funded businesses have gone on to do great things, thanks to the backing of the crowd – you can do the same. Companies have gone on to receive follow on investment from some of Europe’s leading venture capital firms, some have already exited and delivered investors returns, others are growing and expanding in the UK and overseas. From the first exit to international expansion, Crowdcube is proud to be supporting businesses and seeing them grow from strength to strength.
How does it work?
- Submit your application – In order to submit you must be over the age of 18, registered as a UK company and have a business plan and financial forecasts that you can upload.
- Create your pitch – Once everything is in order you can create the rich content for your pitch page and upload your video. You will also be introduced to members of our team who will support you through the process. This will include a full review of your financials and any necessary due diligence before you go live.
- Activate and promote your pitch – Once your pitch goes live you will have 30 days to reach your funding target, so having a clear plan of action for marketing and promotion before you launch your pitch is essential. Contacting your existing network of customers and advocates early will also help to build momentum and can make all the difference to your pitch.
- Reach your funding target – Once you’ve reached your funding target we’ll work with you to close your funding round, complete the necessary legal documentation and the AML checks on your new investors. Finally, we’ll process all investments and the funds will be transferred to you, minus commission and any relevant third party fees.
- Welcome to the Funded Club – Once all investments have been processed we will issue share certificates, send you the final investor list and process any necessary EIS/SEIS documentation for your new shareholders.