Digitalplus is delivered by a multidisciplinary team of creative, marketing and technical specialists with a strong track record of delivering multiple, successful ERDF projects over many years. The team behind the Digitalplus project previously operated as Digital First (also a part funded ERDF project delivered by UCLan) which supported many Lancashire businesses, helping them use digital technologies to attract new customers and grow the regional workforce.
What we do
We provide impartial advice and support to SMEs in Lancashire, helping them learn more about emerging digital technologies and how these can be used to improve productivity and profitability.
Our aim is to educate and upskill business owners’ awareness of digital technologies, giving them the confidence to:
- implement new and improved business processes
- be better prepared to commission the services of a commercial service provider
We are particularly keen to work with companies that have been identified as falling into one of the following Lancashire growth sectors:
- Advanced engineering and manufacturing
- Energy, renewables and low cCarbon
- Advanced chemicals and polymers
- Food and drink
- Creative and digital
How will it benefit my business?
We have assisted numerous Lancashire SMEs, helping them use digital technologies to attract new customers and grow their business including:
- Website performance – we can help improve your online performance through strategic analysis and digital strategy reviews
- Local listings – we can help ensure you have complete and consistent business directory listings across the web so that customers can find and contact you with ease
- Social media – we can provide practical guidance and support to help you get the most out of using social media to reach your online audience
- Photography and videography –we can work with you to create
video and photo assets for use in marketing or other digital resources.
We have access to professional photography and recording studios as well as industry standard equipment
- Digital twinning –we use LIDAR scanning technology to create accurate digital replicas of buildings. These 3D models can then be used to plan out and manage activities within the building. We have even helped one company move premises entirely
- Video idents –we can promote your brand in an exciting and
informative fashion by creating unique video idents. Promote a specific
concept, product or service with short, snappy videos perfect for social media
Virtual Reality (VR)
- Emerging technologies – learn how the use of innovative technologies such as Virtual Reality (VR) can provide a plus factor for your business
- Immersive design – every part of a process or product can be recreated and explored in virtual reality
- Visualise data –explore your operations like never before and understand your business data
Augmented Reality (AR)
- Explore – view 3D objects in an intuitive and user friendly way, exploring inside complex machines and investigating virtual educational resources
- Remote support – highlight objects in the real world and overlay a scene with information and data
- Cost saving – exploring concepts virtually can help you spot mistakes early save you money and time creating prototypes
For most of our clients the assistance provided will be delivered in the form of a bespoke report, presentation, one-to-one support or a combination of these.
Who is it for?
Our help is both free and impartial to businesses that meet the project’s eligibility criteria:
- SME based in Lancashire
- Employing fewer than 250 employees
- Trading business-to-business (B2B)
- Have either an annual turnover not exceeding 50m euros or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43m euros.
Digitalplus website: www.digitalpluserdf.uk
UCLan website: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/business_at_uclan/digital-plus.php
Project Manager: Danny Livingstone
Business Development Manager: Stuart Bird