DigitME2 supports Lancashire manufacturing SMEs, offering up to 150 hours of fully funded support.
Delivered from UCLan’s advanced manufacturing lab in Burnley, the DigitME2 program helps Lancashire based manufacturing SMEs increase productivity or aid in the development of new products and/or processes.
The SME is supported through a technology based feasibility study where DigitME2 assists the SME in the adoption of industry 4.0 technologies. DigitME2’s main focus is on the following areas of industry 4.0:
- Data Collection & Data Visualisation
- Data Analytics
- IIOT (Industrial Internet of Things)
Who is it for?
Any Lancashire based manufacturing SME
How does it work?
- Following initial contact with the Business Development Officer, eligibility will be assessed and a technical meeting will be arranged to specify the project
- An optional technical assessment may be carried out to determine the SMEs current technical level
- The DigitME2 team will produce an outline feasibility study specification
- On agreement of the specification development work is undertaken
- Work is trialled with company according to feasibility specification guidelines
- Project is noted as complete
- UCLan team record outputs and growth in company over 12 month period
- On completion of the project discussions can take place to investigate further opportunities to work with the University
SMEs can apply for support by contacting Kelly Aitken, Business Development Officer by email: email@example.com or call: 01772 896091