Growth Mentoring is a fully funded programme where your business is matched with a successful business person who’ll support you to tackle the challenges that you are facing in growing your business. These challenges could include: business planning, finance, sales, marketing and human resource management to name just a few.
The mentor will share their knowledge, experience and skills to help you develop your own Growth Action Plan. Over a series of one-to-one or group mentoring sessions they’ll then work with you to put the plan into action and address any barriers that may arise.
Working with a mentor helps you take focused time out to work on the business, rather than in the business, developing a growth strategy and clear business development goals.
With more than 300 mentors to choose from, we’re sure we have someone with the skills and experience to be a sounding board for you to test ideas on, and to offer a different perspective on your business.
We’ve already helped more than 500 businesses to grow and had some excellent feedback:
“Our mentor’s support and knowledge has been invaluable to the expansion of our business.”
– Mark Francis, MKM Creations
“The programme was excellent – we now have a clear pathway to achieving our growth goals.”
– Janet Marsden, Weighing Scales
“The support of a mentor has been invaluable as we strive to grow our business.”
– Stephen Anderson, Pendle Doors
“I have learned a huge amount from our mentor, who has given fantastic support.”
– Rosie Connor, JRC Roofing
Natures Aid video:
Who is it for?
Lancashire based ambitious SME businesses*. As the programme is funded by the European Regional Development Fund you must not be a retailer or business-to-consumer focused organisation.
* SME – Small to Medium Enterprises must employ fewer than 250 full-time people with a turnover of less than £40m.
How does it work?
- You can find out more about the programme by filling out the application form on this page or calling Boost Business Lancashire on 0800 488 0057.
- An initial review will identify your business and personal development goals.
- You choose how you want the support to be delivered (one-to-one or in a group, where and when is best to meet, how frequent the sessions should be) over a 4-month period.
- You’ll be matched with a suitable mentor based on your goals.
- The mentor will meet with you to develop the Growth Action Plan and deliver the mentoring support.
- In addition, you’ll be invited to relevant business growth events and networking groups providing further growth support.
The programme is delivered by Community and Business Partners and Orvia, who have successfully delivered mentoring programmes for more than 39 years. All mentors work to the International Standards of Mentoring Programmes in Employment (ISMPE) gold standard and the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) code of ethics.