1. Develop the idea
Join two day workshops and learn what it takes to innovate in health. You will learn to use a methodology called ‘Design Thinking’ that will challenge your thinking and help you to understand your customers’ needs. The Design Thinking process has been tried and tested in a number of sectors and provides a structured approach to inspire and drive the innovation process. You will leave with a toolkit enabling you to do things differently in your organisation with immediate impact.
Upcoming workshops (2019):
- 4th and 20th June 2019
- 12th and 26th September 2019
- 7th and 21st November 2019
2. Find inspiration and make connections
Gain access to a calendar of events with inspirational and high profile business and health leaders. Drawing significant audiences across our health and business community, our events bring people together with different areas of expertise to network and explore new ways of creating meaningful innovation in health. In addition, Lancaster University’s expert team can offer guidance, share knowledge, and provide assistance through 1-1 consultations.
3. Develop the product
Lancaster University’s team of Analyst Developers are available to work with you 1-1. At this stage, we are able to work with SMEs who are developing an innovative product or service and are looking to explore different applications of digital technologies. You do not need to have any technological expertise, just a willingness to explore the opportunities with the team.
The team can help you to:
- Explore the viability of a digital health product or service
- Identify the most applicable technologies for your idea
- Conduct usability testing and identify problems with existing products/services
- Develop software prototypes such as: apps and management systems
4. Lead game-changing innovation
For senior leaders of SMEs with the energy and capacity to innovate – join our upcoming leadership programmes. You will join like-minded businesses who want to influence the future of health. You will learn business tools to help you to explore new markets, find ways to adapt to a changing environment, and we will help you to identify opportunities for product and service development.
How can my business benefit?
“It’s sped the whole thing along. If I’d had to do it myself, alongside my normal work, it would have taken me six months. This has allowed us to move much more quickly and it was almost like Lancaster University were an extension of the Sleepkick team.”
– Co-founder Tom Skarbek-Wazynski, Sleepkick.
Who is it for?
Please get in touch, if you are:
- A health provider with have the ambition to be more innovative
- A business in any sector looking to diversify into the health sector
- A charity or Community Interest Company with the commitment to advance social change
This support is fully funded and available to European Regional Development Fund eligible businesses in Lancashire. Visit the website to find out more details.
How do I find out more and apply?
Find out more about the support opportunities available by visiting: www.lancaster.ac.uk/health-innovation/business or by contacting the team on 01524 595005 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org