Help to Grow is a national business growth programme for senior leaders being delivered in Preston and East Lancashire by Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) and on campus at Lancaster University Management School (LUMS). Both are accredited by the Small Business Charter.
Designed to be manageable alongside running your business, this programme will support you to develop your strategic skills with key modules covering strategy, innovation, marketing, digital adoption, organisational design and change management.
By the end of the programme, you will develop a tailored business growth plan to lead your business to its full potential.
The 12-week programme is 90% funded by the Government and the fee payable by participants is £750.
The programme consists of:
- Eight facilitated online two-hour sessions
- Four face to face practical and interactive case study workshops
- Ten hours of mentoring support to help you produce a growth plan
- Peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- Access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
Over the 12 weeks, you’ll explore the following key areas:
- Strategy and innovation
- Growing national and international markets
- Leading for high performance
- Building vision and brand
- Engaging and inspiring teams
- Creating customer value
- Adopting digital technology
- Adopting responsible business practices
- Financial management
Benefits to business
- Enhance your management and strategic capabilities
- Produce a growth plan for your business
- Build resilience to future shocks
- Learn how to innovate in your business
- Adopt digital technologies to boost productivity and operational agility
- Develop your value proposition and reach into growth markets
- Improve employee engagement and responsible business practices
When does the programme start?
The next cohort starts 26th May at The Salmesbury Hotel Preston PR5 0UL and will be delivered by Manchester Metropolitan University Business School. To find out more please contact Michael Dobson firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The next cohort at Lancaster starts in Autumn 2022. To apply, please register at Help to Grow: Management. Once you’ve registered, Lancaster University Management School will be in touch.
Who can take part?
This programme is 90% funded by UK Government and is for senior decision-makers in eligible businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- From any business sector, employing between 5 and 249 people
- Have been operational for at least one year
- Not be a charity
Find out more
To register your interest for the Preston cohort please call Michael Dobson at MMU email@example.com