Delivering a number of programmes to assist companies realise their full international potential and growth aspirations.
Eligible companies will be assigned a dedicated International Trade Adviser to help build an effective export strategy, develop an international network and achieve commercial success overseas.
Further case studies can be viewed here: Lancashire redefining trade – Marketing Lancashire
“I would encourage any Lancashire business who are exporting or looking to export to work with DIT. Our international trade adviser, Liz Collier helped us with sales in China, the USA and more recently in Ireland, where she was able to locate a partner who is going to manage our imports.” Director, Phil Whitwell at Batch Brew Ltd.
Who is it for?
We can assist exporters of all levels of experience to ensure your business has all the necessary knowledge to capitalise on overseas opportunities.
How does it work?
International Trade Advice
We can assist exporters of all levels of experience through advice, mentoring and strategic planning to ensure your business has all the necessary knowledge to capitalise on overseas opportunities.
International Trade Advisers
Our local trade offices can offer one-to-one, bespoke, and impartial advice. With dedicated International Trade Advisors, you will receive personalised support from a specialist who understands your needs and the global markets.
- The Export Academy is a free programme of support for SMEs across the North West. A comprehensive step-by-step programme ideal for anyone:
- New to exporting
- Exporting already but needing to upskill staff
- Exporting already but wanting to refresh knowledge, or fill gaps
The programme is made up of a series of ten core interactive, educational sessions with exclusive content based on feedback from our delegates and designed specifically to help small and micro businesses understand everything they need to know in order to sell internationally.
The main sessions will focus on:
- Understanding benefits of and barriers to export
- Steps to export
- International market research
- Pricing strategy and route to market
- Customs, export controls, and trade deals
- Selling services overseas
- International commercial (INCO) terms
- Creating an Export Action Plan
- Customs, VAT, and rules of origin
- Movement of money
To register a place – UK Export Academy – great.gov.uk
UK Export Finance
The mission is to ensure that no viable UK export fails for lack of finance or insurance, while operating at no net cost to the taxpayer.
The UK’s export credit agency and a government department, working alongside the Department for Business and Trade as an integral part of its strategy and operations. We help UK companies to:
- Win export contracts by providing attractive financing terms to their buyers.
- Fulfil contracts by supporting working capital loans.
- Get paid by insuring against buyer default.
• Export Support Service – No matter the size of your business, or where in the UK you are based, you can contact the Export Support Service at www.gov.uk/ask-export-support-team
• International Market Research – Our comprehensive face-to-face and desk-based market research services deliver bespoke and tailored insights into which countries may provide the best opportunities for your business. For further guidance take a look at www.great.gov.uk/advice/findan-export-market
• Build an export plan online – a clear export plan to help you start finding new customers to grow your business. Find out more at www.great.gov.uk/export-plan
• Free Trade Agreements – how you can benefit from and make use of UK trade agreements, visit www.great.gov.uk/freetradeagreements
• Export Opportunities – Our embassy-based trade experts source all the latest export leads, many of which are exclusive so that you can grab global opportunities ahead of your competition.
• Get help to sell online worldwide – Get free support from our UK-based E-Commerce Advisers. We will work with you on your e-commerce journey and support your business to grow by selling online overseas.
• Northern Powerhouse Activity – We are delivering a series of international Trade Missions and Export Taster Visits with dedicated Trade Adviser support to help Northern companies maximise their export potential.
• Seminars, masterclasses and overseas visits – With an annual calendar of events, seminars and masterclasses we enable local companies to gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to take advantage of overseas opportunities.
For more information about any Department for Business and Trade services or how DBT could support your business, contact the Northern Powerhouse International Trade Team on 020 4566 5206 or email email@example.com