Delivering a number of programmes to assist companies realise their full international potential and growth aspirations.
You will be assigned a dedicated International Trade Adviser to help build an effective export strategy, develop an international network and achieve commercial success overseas.
Case studies for three Lancashire companies who have used DIT services can be seen here: Lancashire redefining trade – Marketing Lancashire
Internationalisation Fund – up to £9000 match funded grant for Lancashire companies wanting to develop their international activities…..
A local company who has used DIT services and the internationalisation fund is the innovative spirits manufacturer, Batch Brew Ltd based in Burnley.
Director, Phil Whitwell states “I would encourage any Lancashire business who are exporting or looking to export to work with DIT. The Internationalisation Fund has helped pay for some of the activity required to increase our export business. Our international trade adviser, Liz Collier helped us with sales in China, the USA and more recently in Ireland, where she was able to locate a partner who is going to manage our imports.
Batch Innovation is a monthly spirit subscription club and we have used the funding to internationalise our website and develop targeted digital marketing content focused on establishing the club in Ireland.”
Who is it for?
We can assist exporters of all levels of experience to ensure your business has all the necessary knowledge to capitalise on overseas opportunities.
With over 30 dedicated International Trade Advisers, you will receive personalised support from a specialist who understands your needs and the global markets.
How does it work?
International Trade Advice
- We can assist exporters of all levels of experience through advice, mentoring and strategic planning to ensure your business has all the necessary knowledge to capitalise on overseas opportunities.
Funding for international growth – Internationalisation Fund
- Eligible North West businesses are able to apply for European Structural and Investment Fund (ESIF), match-funded grants of between £1,000 and £9,000 available for future activity (subject to eligibility and availability) as part of the Department for International Trade’s Internationalisation Fund.
- The fund can be used to support areas including (but not exclusively limited to):
- Market research
- IP advice
- Translation services
- International social media/ SEO
- Trade fairs (where no TAP funding is available)
- Independent market visits
- Consultancy and other international commercial services
UK Export Finance
- Our mission is to ensure that no viable UK export fails for lack of finance or insurance, while operating at no net cost to the taxpayer.
- We are the UK’s export credit agency and a government department, working alongside the Department for International Trade as an integral part of its strategy and operations.We help UK companies to:
- win export contracts by providing attractive financing terms to their buyers
- fulfil contracts by supporting working capital loans
- get paid by insuring against buyer default
- The Export Academy is a free programme of support for SMEs across the North West. A comprehensive step-by-step programme ideal for anyone:
- New to exporting
- Exporting already but needing to upskill staff
- Exporting already but wanting to refresh knowledge, or fill gaps
The programme is made up of a series of ten core interactive, educational sessions with exclusive content based on feedback from our delegates and designed specifically to help small and micro businesses understand everything they need to know in order to sell internationally.
The main sessions will focus on:
- Understanding benefits of and barriers to export
- Steps to export
- International market research
- Pricing strategy and route to market
- Customs, export controls, and trade deals
- Selling services overseas
- International commercial (INCO) terms
- Creating an Export Action Plan
- Customs, VAT, and rules of origin
- Movement of money
To register a place – https://bit.ly/EA-LancsEM
- International Market Research – Our comprehensive face-to-face and desk-based market research services deliver bespoke and tailored insights into which countries may provide the best opportunities for your business.
- Export Opportunities – Our embassy-based trade experts source all the latest export leads, many of which are exclusive so that you can grab global opportunities ahead of your competition.
- Get help to sell online worldwide – Get free support from our UK-based E-Commerce Advisers. We will work with you on your e-commerce journey and support your business to grow by selling online overseas.
- Northern Powerhouse Activity – We are delivering a series of 16 international Trade Missions and Export Taster Visits with dedicated Trade Adviser support to help Northern companies maximise their export potential.
- Seminars, masterclasses and overseas visits – With an annual calendar of events, seminars, masterclasses and overseas visits we enable local companies to gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to take advantage of overseas opportunities.
For more information about any Department of International Trade services or how DIT could support your business, contact the North West International Trade Team on 0333 320 0392 or email email@example.com.