Is your business ready for its digital future?
The Lancashire Cyber Foundry (LCF) has been created to share the expertise of Lancaster University with regional businesses to prepare companies across Lancashire for the digital future. LCF draws on best practice from our other cyber projects, the Greater Manchester Cyber Foundry, which supports SMEs in Greater Manchester, and shares the same principles of sharing expertise to help defend, innovate and grow businesses.
We are passionate about equipping and supporting SMEs to defend, innovate and grow their business and see Lancashire become digitally stronger.
Our support programme focuses on two main areas; developing good business strategy and developing innovative products and services. All with a focus on digital innovation and cyber security.
Business Strategy Support
The business strategy programme is a blend between two full day workshops, online learning and one-to-one bespoke business support. Throughout you will be working in small groups and partaking in online modules to provide an overview of the current cyber technologies. You will also use models and tools to evaluate how these can be applied to your business to increase business growth, stability and security. There is no cost to participating companies as the workshops are fully funded by Lancaster University, European Regional Development Fund and Norther Powerhouse. Workshops will be held in various locations across Lancashire.
Digital Innovation Support
The Lancashire Cyber Foundry (LCF) offers the opportunity for your business to explore the development of new digital products and services. The LCF digital innovation team provides a fully funded research & development service, supporting practical investigation of innovative applications of new technologies for your business.
Who is it for?
- Based in Lancashire
- Employ fewer than 250 full-time employees
- Annual turnover less than £40 million
- Received less than €200,00 of publicly funded support in the last 3 years
- Includes business to business trade – or an element of.
How does it work?
- Make initial enquiry by phone, email, or website
- Initial meeting to assess business and eligibility criteria
- Enrol onto workshop – receive 12 hours of strategy support
- Assess whether there is a Technical assist we can support with – Max 3-month R&D project