Industrial Digital Technologies (IDTs) are already changing the face of manufacturing.Technologies such as robotics,artificial intelligence (AI) and additive manufacturing are improving processes and driving efficiency and output.
Evidence shows that productivity can be improved by more than 25% by 2025 in the UK.
Strong leadership skills are essential to drive this change. Businesses like yours will need to be innovative,agile and adaptable to implement and benefit from the adoption of IDTs.
Developed and delivered by Lancaster University Management School,the Made Smarter Leadership programme will equip business leaders with a clear vision and a systematic approach to pursue smarter manufacturing.
The programme brings together a network of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) with one common aim: to improve competitiveness.
The programme is part ofthe government backed ‘Made Smarter’ initiative designed to boost UK manufacturing productivity and growth.
How can my business benefit?
- Increase your leadership capability to enable you to drive forward your business through this transformational time
- Take a strategic view of your business to plan for a sustainable future in an increasingly competitive global marketplace
- Develop the skills and infrastructure your business needs to implement change
- Become part of a network of like- minded business leaders to share ideas, experiences and expertise
- Gain access to student placements, grant and advisory support through the Made Smarter initiative
How does it work?
This pioneering eight-month programme is designed for business leaders of manufacturing SMEs wanting to improve their competitiveness and adopt new ways of working by embracing new technologies.
The programme begins with a two-day induction,which sets the context and starts to build trust amongst the group as a foundation for working together. You will start to explore the potential value of IDTs
for your business.
Over the eight months, there will be a series of workshops to develop your leadership skills delivered
by academics and business practitioners. In addition to the workshops, you will visit smart businesses to see technology in action and learn from lived experiences.You will also have the opportunity to create ‘mini sprints’ which will help you to test ideas out in the workplace.
Note: the cost of the programme is £2,500 per person which has been subsidised by the Made Smarter pilot from a cost of £5000.