This ten-month programme is a unique collaboration of three world class manufacturers (BAE Systems, Siemens and Rolls Royce) who have co-designed this innovative programme with Lancaster University Management School. The objective is to support and invest in the manufacturers of tomorrow – to give them access to the latest techniques, thinking and research.
Elements of the programme include:
The programme begins with a 2-day overnight event to establish a peer network group which is fundamental to ongoing development. Following this delegates will experience:
- Workshops and Masterclasses to stimulate and challenge
- Unparalleled access to world class manufacturing organisations and the leaders that have transformed the workplace
- Mentoring from a highly experienced manager in a world class organisation
- Action learning sets to address business issues in a facilitated, confidential group setting
- Shadowing and exchanges within peer organisations to give fresh insights
- Business benchmarking and action planning for the future
- Online forums to share, discuss and access resources
- Empower front line staff – transforming management practice, developing leadership skills and adopting modern work practices delivered through a unique experiential learning programme
- Develop a support network with other SME owner/managers – collaborate with like-minded peers to build a more productive future together
- Exposure to world class manufacturing environments will enable you to formulate high-performance workplace strategies. Benchmark against best in class organisations and develop a measurable action plan for continuous improvement
“The benefits of the PtP course started to make themselves apparent from the outset. The initial session brought to light some key actions required to improve our working operations, as well as my own personal leadership style. Actions which I have already started to implement and see the benefit from. The main highlight has been forming a close group of like-minded individuals who I can trust and gain some truly valuable opinions, best practice examples and knowledge.”
– Chris Mayne, Operations Director, Forsberg Services Ltd
Who is it for?
Key decision makers in manufacturing and engineering SMEs based in the North West.
How does it work?
- The Productivity through People programme commences October 2019
- You can find out more about the programme by filling out the application form on this page or calling Boost Business Lancashire on 0800 488 0057
- An advisor will contact you to collect further information about you and your business
- You will be contacted by a member of the LUMS team to discuss the programme in more detail.
Please note this programme commences October 2019 and places are limited. For specific information about the programme please contact Pete Cornwall (Business Liaison Officer at LUMS) on 01524 593632 or visit www.lancaster.ac.uk/lums/ptp
This programme is delivered by Lancaster University Management School and has received significant investment from the industrial partners, both in its design and finance. As a result, the subsidised cost of this programme is £2,500 per delegate.