STELa is funded through the European Social Fund and delivered by a partnership of five of Lancashire’s colleges, led by The Lancashire Colleges Ltd.
The colleges are Blackburn College, Blackpool and The Fylde College, Lancaster and Morecambe College, Myerscough College and Preston College.
The STELa Project can help you to identify where a placement would best fit within your organisation and provide training and advice to line managers and mentors, so that they feel confident in supporting students who are on a placement.
Work placements give businesses early sight of the new talent coming into their industry. They can help businesses with recruitment, improve innovation, and increase an organisation’s productivity. They also have important social benefits.
- Ideal solution for entry level jobs – they can help you build a pipeline of talent for junior positions or apprenticeships
- Avoid many of the costs associated with recruitment by working with local colleges to connect with young people who are deciding on their careers.
- Develop the next generation of workers entering your industry, making sure they develop the knowledge, attitude and practical skills to succeed.
Young people can be an invaluable source of new and interesting ideas that can change the way you think about doing business.
Who is it for?
In order to be eligible for support from the STELa project, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Be based in Lancashire
- Employ fewer than 250 employees
- Have either an annual turnover that does not exceed 50m Euros, and/or a balance sheet total that does not exceed 43m Euros.
To find out more:
Visit our website: https://www.tlc.ac.uk/externally-funded-projects/supporting-technical-education-in-lancashire-stela/