The UCLan Innovation Clinic supports Lancashire businesses to innovate and grow through the development of new to firm and new to market products.
The Clinic team brings together extensive industry and academic expertise, state-of-the-art facilities and technology to provide fully funded and tailored support at any stage of the product development process from initial concept and market research through to launch. Support can include:
- Independent idea evaluation & feasibility analysis
- Market research, demand and competitor analysis
- Advice on IP and freedom to operate
- Innovation strategy
- Product design support
- Prototype development
- Product testing
- Brand development
- Materials, supply chain and manufacturing advice
Find out more and download our further information guide to the UCLan Innovation Clinic.
We’ve already helped almost 220 businesses to develop new products and have had some excellent feedback:
“The team at the Innovation Clinic had the knowledge and credentials to understand the whole process of getting the product to market. Also, their independence made me confident that the support they were giving was the best advice for my company, while the whole process has given me more confidence in my own abilities to grow the business in the future.”
– Paurick Gaughan, Managing Director, Gel Clear
“I began with an idea of a product. With the help of the Innovation Clinic I now have a product that looks professional and a brand that is ready for market.”
– Beth De Nobrega, Managing Director, Magical Story Jars
Football Flick video:
Who is it for?
Lancashire based ambitious SME businesses*. As the programme is funded by the European Regional Development Fund you must not be a retailer or business-to-consumer focused organisation.
* SME – Small to Medium Enterprises must employ fewer than 250 full-time people with a turnover of less than £40m.
How does it work?
- You can find out more about the programme by filling out the application form on this page or calling Boost Business Lancashire on 0800 488 0057.
- An advisor will contact you to collect further information about you, your business and your product.
- A tailored support plan will be put together, including regular project stage meetings at UCLan to evaluate progress and determine next steps.
- The team at UCLan can introduce you to other relevant strands of business support as required.
The programme is delivered by UCLan and is part-funded by UCLan and the European Regional Development Fund.
For an informal discussion with the Innovation Clinic, please use the contact information below.