The UpSkilling Lancashire project offers free advice and support to SMEs to increase the skills and capabilities of their workforce.
The team will support employers in identifying training needs and skills gaps to achieve future growth and strategic objectives within the business. For example, this includes innovative projects linked to capacity building, work placements, degree apprenticeships and identifying appropriate training and skills support.
The project is led by the University of Central Lancashire working in partnership with Burnley College, Calico Group, Edge Hill University, Lancaster & Morecambe College, Myerscough College and Preston’s College.
What are the benefits?
The UpSkilling Lancashire project can benefit your business by providing support in the following areas:
- Support with upskilling your workforce.
- Guidance on the Lancashire apprenticeship offer up to degree level.
- Utilising student knowledge and skills via placements and internships.
- Suggested pathways to training opportunities, workshops and courses.
- Signposting to other skills providers in Lancashire.
- Information and advice on accessing Levy support for education and training.
Who is it for?
To qualify for the Upskilling Lancashire project your business must meet the following criteria:
- Based in Lancashire
- Employ 250 employees or less
- Have either an annual turnover that is equal to or less than 50million Euros or a balance sheet total that is equal to or less than 43million Euros.
How does it work?
The business can benefit from receiving the following support:
- Business-needs analysis focused on skills.
- Identifying areas for capacity building and skills development for your workforce.
- Guidance on the Lancashire apprenticeship offer.
- Information and advice on accessing Apprenticeship Levy support.
- Work Placements.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships.
- Access to other skills projects and skills support through its partners.
How do I find out more and apply?
Phone: 01772 89 5500
Web link: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/business_at_uclan/upskilling-lancashire.php